In a very shocking, almost unbelievable incident, police on Friday arrested a bridegroom for raping a guest in Murar Colony area of Gwalior, India. The groom had took advantage of the crowd and raped the victim on his wedding day, said reports.
According to a senior cop of Murar police station, the 23-year-old victim was raped by the bridegroom hours before his marriage on June 3. He took advantage of the crowd and dragged the girl into a secluded corner of the guest house and raped her, he added.
The accused also forced the victim to drink cola laced with drugs, due to which she became unconscious and could not raise an alarm. The victim kept mum for two day and approached the Murar police station with a relative after all the marriage rituals were over.
The bridegroom was arrested on Friday and has been booked under relevant sections of Indian Penal Code.
- Groom Rapes Guest At His Own Wedding (leactualiteblog.wordpress.com)
- Rapist groom should have waited a little to satiate his lusty desires without problems which he has got into. (indianhomemaker.wordpress.com)
- Engineering student marries friend who was gang-raped in Bihar (ndtv.com)
- Bihar man marries 22-year-old gangrape survivor (ibnlive.in.com)
- Protest over rape and murder of girl in West Bengal (thehindu.com)
- Police: US woman gang raped in Indian town (bostonherald.com)